There are two ways how you can play poker: you can do it either with your real money, either with a playmoney help. Both options have their own pros and cons.
Pros of playing free poker:
- You can see how the software works and get the idea of online poker. It’s great decision if you’ve never played any poker online before.
- There is no stress since you can lose as many times as you want – you won’t have less money in your pocket because of that.
- You aren’t limited to your bank account – with playmoney you can play as long as you want.
- Free poker apps are good when you are somewhere where is no Internet connection. For example, when you go the mountains or having a long flight.
- Playing free poker games allows you to play with your friends and family members who aren’t willing to invest any money in the game.
Cons of playing free poker:
- You will never become a good poker player by playing free poker. The reason for that is because people who are playing free poker options do it very loose. They don’t care that much about the winning since they won’t benefit from it anyway. People there play only for the purpose of fun and often can make weird decisions that they wouldn’t make if it all would be about the real money. Once again, it’s because most of the folks in free poker apps doesn’t really bother with learning different strategies, reading poker-related articles, watching special videos, etc.
- Playing free poker won’t give you any material reward (unless we aren’t talking about the freeroll tournaments – that’s a different story).
- In some meaning, playing free poker can be considered as a waste of time since you aren’t developing any skills and not getting anything out of it while playing it. But you still spend your time on it while you could spend it on mastering the real money poker and get some real things out of it.
- You aren’t actually playing the poker the way it’s supposed to be played. Sad but true.
Pros of playing poker for real money:
- You can actually make it as your additional or even the main source of income if you work hard enough on mastering this game.
- You actually play a poker the way it’s supposed to be played.
- Even if poker is just a hobby for you, you still can make some money out of it if you are lucky / skilled enough.
- Poker for real money can ignite your inner competitor and give you the feeling of true victory. It feels totally different when you actually beat someone in a poker game that is played for real money.
Cons of playing poker for real money:
- You can lose your money (though you can look at it as your entry fee for participating in the game).
- Sometimes it can get stressful (for example, if you are wagering with high stacks or have a bad steak).
As you can see from the examples above, both games have their own pros and cons. But if you want your poker game be maximally rewarding then poker for real money is your only way to go. If tight budget is the only thing that stops you from participating real poker online then let us tell you something. Your budget isn’t a problem at all since many websites today offer different kinds of promotions, welcome bonuses and freeroll tournaments that they organize from time to time.